Emerging Display Technologist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a creative, hands-on, self motivated Technologist who will support the design and characterization of future displays used in Apple Watch. In this role you will interact cross-functionally with key stake holders in product design and development as well as with display suppliers. You will be responsible for demonstrating the OLED display component performance as quantified by engineering specifications, and will have opportunity to add to Apple's intellectual property.
- Proven ability to design, setup, automate and operate custom onto-electronic test equipment along with the ability to collect, analyze and report on measurement results.
- Prior experience in the operation of test equipment such as source measurement units, oscilloscopes, function generators, spectro-radiometers.
- Mastery in using software such as Matlab, Python, JMP, Excel or similar software is required in this role.
- Familiarity with the use of software and firmware (eg. LabView), to automate measurements on circuits.
- Proficiency in the fundamentals of semiconductor device physics spanning transistors, diodes, capacitors and circuits built from the same.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in preparing reports to help the cross functional team and display vendors take program decisions.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Prior industrial experience in related disciplines is a plus.
Develop and define the characterization of display module electrical and optical performance with potential suppliers. ▪ Contribute to the assessment of OLED reliability in display modules with a hands on approach for data collection. ▪ Perform the necessary display testing and review test results from the display vendors, system OEMs, and cross-functional groups at Apple to ensure the display performance. ▪ Report on the assessment as part of a cross-functional team working with team members with optical, EE, ME, process and panel design expertise.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Science or related Physical Science Engineering.