Display Electrical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
The Display Hardware team is looking for a talented Electrical Engineer to lead the design and development of next generation displays in Apple Mac products. You will be working in a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation are supported and expected. Join us and be part of fast moving and exciting team that creates and integrates new technologies into Apple’s products.
- Exceptional Electrical Engineering background, experience in mixed signal EE design at either IC or PCB level.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and - manufacturing support.
- Experienced in EE validation/characterization tasks, and familiar with lab tools and equipments.
- Ability to communicate and present technology updates and project status to executives and functional teams.
- EXPERIENCE IN TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- DC-DC power converter design & analysis
- High Speed signaling, SI, and PCB routing
- Scripting or automation skills, programming experience in python, Matlab or similar tools
- Experience with simulation tools such as Cadence, Matlab or SPICE
- FPGA/CPLD/MCU programming and design
- Experience in display technology, such as LCD, LED, OLED, is a plus.
- Lead design of PCB and electrical characterization/validation from prototype through mass production. - Analyze & give feedback on mechanical constraints impacting EE design - Run simulations to meet various requirements such as Display, Touch, and Graphics. - Participate in cross-functional design reviews and become a valued contributor as a stakeholder in the overall system design. - Communicate and present technology updates and project status to executives and cross-functional teams. - Manage project milestones and issues through product development builds. - Perform failure analysis on electrical, mechanical and optical issues.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD 2+ years experience