Machine Learning Engineer - Culver City
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Machine Learning Engineer or Applied Scientist to join a team passionate about building ML models for the media space, covering services such as Apple Arcade, Apple Music, and Apple TV+. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and touch points and building/implementing products to drive business and marketing strategy. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way. We encourage independent decision-making and taking calculated risks. AMP Data Science collaborates with partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitative research.
- 3+ years of experience in a Machine Learning Engineer or Applied Scientist role, preferably for an internet technology company.
- Familiarity with broad range of Machine Learning techniques and relevant statistical packages to engineer Machine Learning solutions end-to-end.
- Strong proOiciency with SQL-based languages, Python, Spark, and additional large-scale data / Hadoop-ecosystem tools. Working proficiency with Git.
- Experience in contributing to production code bases. Ability to rapidly prototype algorithmic ideas in notebook environments and translate them into production code.
- Curious business attitude with an ability to condense complex concepts and models into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
- Excellent communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
Collaborate with Apple Media Products stakeholders and partners to design Machine Learning models that help us better understand and serve our customers, primarily focusing on the App Store, and extending to additional Services such as Apple Arcade, Apple Music, and Apple TV+. Engineer end-to-end Machine Learning products which provide Apple with a granular understanding of customer preferences and user value drivers, including scalable solutions for customer acquisition and targeting. Support engineering, business, and marketing teams at Apple in optimizing all customer touch points by detecting usage patterns with data-driven / machine-learned methods and translating them into actionable solutions. Dive deep into large-scale data sources to uncover opportunities for Machine Learning automation, predictive methods, and quantitative modeling across the App Store and other Apple services. Partner with other Apple organizations on data engineering, data governance, evangelizing Machine Learning, and democratizing data. Increase internal adoption of ML and AI products. Your creative problem solving skills will be utilized daily. This position is based in Culver City.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.