Large Logic Macro Design Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Digital Design Engineering group, you’ll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality! You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing forward-thinking ideas to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking! Join us in an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs, and you’ll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they’ve never before envisioned. We have an extraordinary opportunity for Large Logic Macro Design Engineers. In this highly visible role, you will be at the heart of a processor design effort, working with the custom digital circuits team and library development, making a critical impact in delivering products to market quickly. Your designs will strongly influence CPU / GPU / SoC / Neural Engine / Camera designs in Apple's Custom Silicon group.
- We are looking for applicants with 5+ years or 2+ experience with PhD in developing RTL for Large Macro designs for low power, low voltage and high performance.
- Knowledge of adders/multiplier/comparators design & microarchitecture.
- Knowledge of FE modeling/Verilog and experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools.
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing & power implications.
- Understanding of low power microarchitecture techniques.
- Knowledge of digital circuits like flop, complex standard cells design & analysis.
- Understanding of device physics and process.
- Technical, analytical, and multi-functional collaboration skills.
- Strong teammate.
Imagine yourself at the center of our hardware development effort. Where you will collaborate with all fields, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come up with new insights, work with a team of hardworking engineers, and implement groundbreaking techniques of Circuit design used in Machine Learning Applications in Apple’s marquee products like M1 and A15 Bionic. As a Large Logic Macro Design Engineer for the custom circuits team, you will: • Work on microarchitecture development & specification of logic macros. • Work on RTL & Validation of macro block. • Explore high performance & low power strategies and validate that RTL design meets perf goals. • Design & implement custom digital circuit schematics for large logic macros. • Define architecture/topologies optimizing for power, timing & area. • Design schematics, Simulation & Margin analysis, Functional equivalency, DFT modeling, Backend verification, IR/EM. • Work with layout team to create optimal layout for PPA targets. • Support post-silicon effort to enable productization.
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE is required, PhD preferred.