Senior Statistician, Evaluation Data Science, Apple Media Products
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire world. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you passionate about analyzing data patterns for large scale search engines? As part of AMP, you will be a product specialist and analyze of a diverse portfolio of Apple Media Product offline evaluations. The team represents the user’s perspective as they vet new features being introduced to our Apple Media Products portfolio. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include analyzing and creating innovative ideas to help improve search and recommendations features, and reporting systematic issues to leadership, engineering, and product teams, and driving analysis and evaluation of new and exciting algorithmic features in the Apple Media Products domain.
- At least 5 years of measurement and business analytics experience in a relevant industry.
- Experience with marketing research and statistical modeling.
- Experience with conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Experience with experimental design and data-driven measurement solutions.
- Proficient statistical programming skills (R, Python or SQL) with large-scale multidimensional data.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with systems and products that are powered by machine-learned models and an understanding of natural language or speech-enabled products.
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning approaches.
- Experience with evaluation of IR systems or recommender systems.
- Research experience, ideally published, in regards to evaluation methodologies, evaluation metrics (NDCG, MRR, recall, precision, F-score, Precision@k)
- Ability to apply statistical techniques solely to generate practical solutions for business problems in both the big picture and fine details.
In this role, you will partner with internal teams in all areas including experimentation, measurement, modeling, engineering, and analytics. Identify patterns and behaviors that are effective predictors of performance and critical drivers for a successful media plan. You'll independently own and lead the product vision and project execution for offline evaluations for Apple Music, Books, Podcasts, or Apple TV through search, recommendations, and voice search. Champion an industry-leading privacy-focused strategy for product measurement, model evaluation, optimization, and analytics for Apple Media Products
Education & Experience
Master’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Math or related field.