Wireless Standards Architect
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team is seeking a talented individual with outstanding communication skills and an exceptional technical knowledge of cellular technologies. We make a clear difference to the product. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work with our hardware and Wireless software engineering teams to help drive and deliver the most innovative Apple wireless devices and iOS software features to customers on our operators’ networks worldwide. As a Senior Wireless Standard Architect, you will be representing Apple Inc. and driving our strategic interest in global standardization activities focusing on WLAN/WPAN and its applications. This is the phenomenal opportunity to build innovations and IPs that benefit our product lines. You will be working with cross-functional teams in crafting new insights/features and defining the next generation wireless technologies and applications.
- Extensive experience with 802.11(n, ac, ax, be) and 802.15 (4z, 4ab) MAC layer and cross layer design, including high-level architecture
- Knowledge with internet protocol suite: UDP/TCP, IPv4/IPv6, 6LoWPAN, and Thread, is a huge plus.
- Strong analytical skill in evaluating the protocol performance including the tradeoff between performance, complexity, power, and memory constraint
- Experience with link and system level simulation (MATLAB, C++/C)
- Solid track record of innovations and bringing new ideas to end products.
- Experience as an active contributor and influencer in standard organizations
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Self-motivated, obsessively hardworking and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
Our team is passionate about developing wireless system solutions and drive standardization initiative. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Actively working with various internal teams by keeping them apprised of standards development and direction, Support development teams with defining features, architecture and design. Actively propose, support and champion innovative solutions, both internally and externally. Present, influence and defend principles to internal teams, and standards and connectivity communities
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or PhD’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science with 10+ years of relevant experience