Mechanical PD Engineer - Safety Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking an accomplished mechanical engineer to lead the design of several safety critical hardware components. You will work in a highly cross-functional environment, promoting novel engineering solutions to ensure world class products.
- 4 or more years of experience in product design
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (any modeling package)
- Experience working with vendors to develop and qualify new designs and bring to commercialization
- Authoring of requirements, analysis such as FMEA, design of verification plans
- Previous design ownership of parts that have a safety critical role is a plus
- Consumer electronics industry experience is not required
- Expect some travel to external vendors and production line facilities. This is a role in Product Design. Although travel is expected, it is at reasonable frequency
In this role you’ll be responsible for managing all aspects of a set of safety critical parts. Amongst these responsibilities will be the CAD design, choosing the vendor and creating the manufacturing strategy, as well as hitting cost and mass targets. You’ll also work closely with cross functional design teams, as this set of parts interfaces with many other systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science or MS in Mechanical Engineering