Mechanical Engineer - Safety Test Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking an accomplished mechanical engineer to lead the development of mechanical systems with safety critical functions. You will use your passion for figuring things out to help design safety systems and to lead the testing and countermeasure of those systems.
- 2 or more years of experience in product testing (or significant university extra-curricular experience)
- Have a background and passion for data analysis including experience using data analysis software (Matlab, Python, DIAdem, JMP)
- Working knowledge of FEA principles
- Experience with empirical test setup, execution, and associated test instrumentation for conducting safety tests
- Consumer electronics industry experience is not required
- Additional Requirements:
- Expect some travel to external testing facilities at a reasonable frequency.
In this role you’ll be responsible for setting the strategy of a mechanical system to achieve safety targets. You will also design component and system level targets and tests to refine and evaluate that strategy. This role is highly cross-functional and requires the ability to use data to support decision making and countermeasure development.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Physics