WLAN/BT Architect, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this role you will be a key member of the wireless (platform) architecture team supporting 802.11 WLAN and Bluetooth technology and programs across all of our platforms.
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- Expertise with WLAN & Bluetooth chipset architectures for mobile and embedded applications. Detailed understanding of baseband processing systems, RF transceivers, power management units, aspects of system integration such as high-bandwidth host interfaces, platform operational modes, RF front-end control, and power management
- Working knowledge of baseband processing systems, RF transceivers,
- Strong working knowledge of 802.11 standards and protocol including 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/be.
- Strong working knowledge of Bluetooth standards (BT classic, BLE, BT5.0)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
- Define & document 802.11 based WLAN/Bluetooth HW architectures and performance requirements. Cover both chip and platform architecture. - Technical management of related vendor to ensure compliance with key technical requirements and architecture - Collaborate with SoC, RF HW, connectivity SW, and antenna teams to specify system & RF architectures and performance targets - Work with cross-functional teams to solve platform level RF coexistence issues - Optimize power consumption and RF system performance via internal technology development and external vendor direction
Education & Experience
MS is required