Sr. DevOps Engineer - AWS Site Reliability
Austin, Texas, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple LOBs we handle many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and spark business value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers.
- 5+ years of experience in SRE/DevOps
- Extensive experience in managing the applications on AWS
- Strong Experience in Infrastructure templating tools like CloudFormation, Terraform
- Good Understanding of Data Security on Cloud based applications
- Deep Understanding of Networking concepts on Cloud, like VPCs, Route 53, Security Groups, NLB/ALB on AWS
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines for large scale application on AWS
- Strong background in redefining the applications into cloud native environments.
- Good Understanding about AutoScaling on AWS
- Experience in migrating & supporting the applications on Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming skills like Java.
- Good programming skills in Unix & Python
- Deep experience in CI-CD pipeline & tools like Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Strong background in deployment management tools like Ansible, Salt, Chef & Puppet.
- Good understanding on the release management.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
Join Apple's Applied Machine Learning Team, as a Senior Software Engineer, to build & support innovative software applications. Candidates should have strong background in setting up and supporting the infrastructure for large scale big data applications in public cloud like AWS. THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE: Build & Support CI/CD tools to port & manage applications on AWS & Kubernetes Ability to understand the application requirements (Performance, Security, Scalability etc.) and assess the right services/topology on AWS Deploy & Support applications onto Kubernetes based environments - On-prim K8s, AWS EKS. Build tools to monitor & alert the high performance and low latency applications on AWS Ability to troubleshoot application specific, core network, system & performance issues. Involvement in challenging and fast paced projects supporting Apple's business by delivering innovative solutions. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, proactive, and a solution-oriented individual.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science with 7-10 years or MS plus 5-7 years experience or related experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.
- Experience with NoSQL/BigData technologies like Cassandra, Hadoop etc.
- Experience in Workflow and data pipeline orchestration (Jenkins etc.)