Front End Developer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could carry out. The Apple Pay team is responsible for delivering server-side solutions for the iOS ecosystem. You’ll be joining a team of elite engineers and interacting daily with teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail, and our network and banking partners.
- Knowledge of User Experience design and development
- Experience providing and consuming RESTful web services and JSON
- Ability to understand functional requirements and translate them into digital experiences
- Knowledge of industry tools like Adobe, OmniGraffle, Illustrator and Sketch
- Strong Unix skills and proficient with at least one shell and high level scripting language (bash, perl, python)
- In-depth knowledge of iOS (user-experience, software, and hardware)
- At ease with maven, svn and git; expertise with continuous integration systems using Jenkins
- Basic understanding on application security; authentication, authorization, cryptography, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate ideas to developers
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
The Apple Pay team is growing! The group is looking for an extraordinary software development engineer with a keen eye on overall user experience in building web applications. We work in an agile software development environment and are building infrastructure to move towards continuous delivery where every code change is thoroughly tested by push of a button and is considered ready to be deployed if we choose so. With exponential growth that we experience at Apple Pay, we are looking to scale our test infrastructure by building application that provide visibility into such a large scale and complex operation. Come join the team and be part of this initiative. To be successful in this role you should be an A+ developer with strong programming fundamentals and have a keen eye on user experience. You must be able to design the overall user experience, build mock ups and wireframes, document use cases and develop the application user interface. You will be self-driven, can constantly research and suggest the latest technologies, independently solve technical issues, and work with teams of developers, test engineers, and engineering project managers who take pride in building server solutions. You’ll be involved in all phases and layers of the application, and have a direct impact on the experience of millions of customers.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.