SWE - Intern (Software Vulnerability Exploitation Research), SEAR
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
Apple Security Engineering & Architecture believes the best defense is a good offense. When it comes to securing the world’s most advanced operating systems, that means finding vulnerabilities first. We’re looking for a skilled and inspired individual to deep-dive into the security of MacOS Hypervisor Framework (HVF).
- Background in secure coding and code auditing.
- Programming background in C, C++, Python.
- Experience with developing proof of concepts for common vulnerabilities, bypassing anti-exploitation protections.
- Proficiency with assembly languages, ARM a huge plus.
- Proficiency with the architecture and security design of modern operating systems.
- Familiarity with modern processor architecture and virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of Hypervisors architecture and attack surface.
- Strong understanding of the principles and use of cryptographic primitives and protocols.
Joining an exceptional team focusing on securing low level technologies such as the iOS and OS X kernel, boot ROMs, firmware and hardware. You’ll be we working on a security evaluation of Hypervisor.Framework (HVF), the MacOS kernel extension giving user applications the ability to create and manage virtual machines based on CPU Hardware Virtualisation features. HVF is mainly responsible for the virtualisation of the CPU cores and memory. Apple Silicone is the preferred architecture to be evaluated. You’ll be performing kernel level code review, hypervisor fuzzing, and implementation of know vulnerabilities applicable to other hypervisors with similar architecture. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science / Computer Electronics (or equivalent experience)
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace