Cloud Insights Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just create products—they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. The Cloud Insights team in Apple Cloud Services (ACS) is redefining how Apple manages its third party cloud environment, by identifying, architecting, and driving solutions for cloud cost reporting, optimization and operational excellence. This is a unique and strategic role that is passionate about engineering and cloud finance (FinOps), with a charter to guide partner teams across Apple towards a highly efficient and optimized cloud environment. Join us to create an efficiency focused engineering culture at scale!
- Multiple roles available
- 5+ years developing and operating infrastructure in public cloud environments (AWS or GCP).
- Ability to define architecture by influencing the cross-functional and software development team, while partnering with business to ensure their strategic vision with software technology is met
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services.
- Proficient cost management knowledge including trending and variance analysis and forecasting
- Experience in building out a FinOps subject area preferred
- Experience with cloud telemetry tools preferred (CloudWatch, Datadog, Honeycomb, etc).
- Proven experience with cost optimization preferred (e.g. with tools like CloudHealth)
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
Partner across Apple to optimize their cloud environments. Develop, modify and maintain cloud cost and utilization dashboards and reporting, and partner with teams across Apple to make optimizations. Acts as an experienced business professional, helping to implement best practice improvements across partner teams at Apple, by providing teams with visibility into their cloud costs, utilization and optimization recommendations. Interprets the financial data, and explains it to their teams in a way that informs strategic decision making.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Business, or equivalent.