AI/ML - Release Management Engineer, Engineering Efficiency
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Transform the way people find their favorite movies and TV shows, watch sports, listen to music, interact with their smart home, and much more! Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done! Engineering Efficiency - Release Management team in AI/ML is looking for exceptional engineers who are excited about build and integration, automation, and improving engineering productivity. We are working to take the build, integration, and test process of the AI/ML components of iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS to the next level (think Siri!). We don't have all of the answers on how to do that yet, perhaps you do? We are exploring, measuring, and trying new things. We are responsible for integrating nearly a quarter of all changes that go into our OS releases and affect 1 billion+ customers, so this isn't just a theoretical exercise. We won't be satisfied with anything less than outstanding. If you are excited about the challenges of making development and release more efficient while every part of the system is advancing, come help us solve these problems and be part of improving engineering efficiency across the Siri organization!
- 6+ years in roles DevOps, SRE, SDET, or TE/QE
- Have a deep understanding of release engineering, branching, and software configuration management
- Experience setting up Continuous Integration systems that support multiple projects with a high volume of code changes
- Experience working with engineering and project management teams, which requires very good communication and coordination skills
- Ability to propose changes and improvements and communicate system status automatically and efficiently in ways that incentivize stronger coding and testing practices
- Nice to have: Familiarity with highly scalable distributed systems, parallel workflows and microservices
Release Management Engineer in Engineering Efficiency - Release Management team will be tasked with streamlining build and submissions processes for many interdependent projects. You will be a part of a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities, collaborating with client engineers and designing CI systems to optimize the build, test, and deployment cycle times for various projects. This is not a strict software engineer role but it requires a good engineering background. Your responsibilities will be split across Build/CI (50%), DevOps (40%), and Automation (10%) at first. Your strategic goals will be to automate operational tasks to integrate our build and deployment system with Apple automation and reporting, to identify process and technology gaps. You will start by learning to use the tools to pre-validate build-time issues, get a deep knowledge of Apple's internal tools and processes. In the next year, you will have built a solid foundation and a CI solution that has improved engineers' experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience - 6 years or 8 years respectively)