SoC 3rd Party IP Engineering Program Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! As a 3rd Party IP (3PIP) Program Manager within the Hardware Technologies Engineering organization, you will be responsible for ensuring that 3rd Party IPs meet the technical, quality, and schedule requirements for Apple products. This role will focus on multi-functional communication working directly with Apple engineering teams, operations, legal, and 3rd party vendors to coordinate releases and drive, track, and resolve issues associated with 3rd party IP development and design integration. Strong technical background in analog and/or digital IP development will allow you to succeed in this role. A successful candidate for a Engineering Program Manager at Apple has project management experience in VLSI Chip Design, ASIC Chip Design, and/or IP management.
- Requires 5+ years of experience working with Analog and/or Digital IP integration in ASIC/SOC/VLSI Designs or similar experience.
- 1+ years in Technical Program or Project Management, or Functional Management experience.
- Good knowledge of the IP development process, tools/flows and methodologies, and the life-cycle in a SOC.
- Phenomenal teammate and creative problem solver who can lead technical teams, multi-functional groups, and vendors to meet daring development schedules.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills (Executive communication).
- Experience working in a dynamic engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking and real-time crisis management.
- Familiarity with project management tools (Confluence, JIRA).
• Work closely with silicon engineering teams to coordinate high-level milestones for IP development and integration. • Ability to multi-task and handle IPs across several projects simultaneously. • Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams and external IP providers. • Coordinate weekly meetings with IP consumers to resolve technical/schedule issues. • Assemble regular project status presentations for multi-functional executive reviews. • Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks and status. • Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution.
Education & Experience
MSEE/BSEE Degree or equivalent