Touch Validation Hardware Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
The Touch Technology team develops cutting-edge Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPads, AppleWatch, and more. You will play a key role in developing hardware test systems for validation, and ensuring that the Touch Technology team delivers the world’s best multi-touch user experience.
- Track record of analog electronics design and validation
- Thorough familiarity with lab measurement techniques and test equipment including spectrum analyzers, including automation with scripting
- Experience with PCB schematic design and test board development
- Experience with NX, SolidWorks, or similar, and low-volume prototyping (laser cutter, 3D printer, drill press, hand tools)
- Programming skills in C/C++/Swift or Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork skills are essential
- 5+ years of relevant experience in developing test and measurement systems.
You will design and implement test setups and procedures to automate validation of capacitive touch sensing modules. This can include custom PCBs and mechanical fixtures, as well as robotic systems for which you will be gathering requirements for external vendors. You’ll be capable of analyzing the requirements of an evolving product portfolio, working closely with a cross-functional team of engineering disciplines, while identifying opportunities to define a common testing approach where possible. Develop testing infrastructure to validate touchscreen performance of new Apple devices, using standard lab test equipment and custom hardware as needed. Quantify test system capabilities. Author reports and communications pertaining to key results and checkpoints. Maintain user documentation and training content. Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Hardware development, Validation, Test, Firmware and Algorithms to deliver robust and efficient solutions. Up to 10% travel required.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline. Additional formal training in mechanical engineering/mechatronics is a plus.