Power Integrity Intern (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. We are looking for an intern in our Power Integrity team. You will work on the development, implementation and verification of Power Integrity solutions for SoCs used in Apple devices. Special emphasis will be on the novel PDN extraction methodology flows used for Power Integrity designs.
- Good understanding of electromagnetic modelling using S-parameters
- Basic knowledge in 3D/2D EM simulation tools, electromagnetic and transmission line theory
- Experience with analog circuit simulations in frequency and time domain using SPICE
- Experience with script coding for the automation workflow development
- Working knowledge in Python
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with partners
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
During this internship, you will work on building the novel PDN extraction methodology focusing on on-die grid with passive components. With silicon nodes shrinking, there is a growing need to co-design PKG with silicon backend metallization to achieve the best power/performance/cost balance for high performance and low power SoC. However, the existing off-die PDN process flow finds it difficult to handle the high resolution on-die metal grid type of extraction. Exploring and developing a new solution is key. The development of this new methodology flow should be executed in the following order: 1. Develop mature flow for translating GDS to compatible simulation files 2. Create automation scripts to process the setup and passive component attachment 3. Conduct S-parameter co-extraction with PKG database 4. Run correlation and benchmark in both frequency and time domains You will begin by understanding the existing PI flow and the specific requirements for the team. From here, you would develop, test and demonstrate the new PDN extraction process flow.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.