Sensor Systems Integration Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
One of Apple’s R&D groups is currently seeking a Sensor Systems Integration Engineer to lead integration of sensors for autonomous systems. This is a high visibility technical leadership role requiring excellent sensor and camera systems engineering knowledge and strong cross-functional communication skills. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Excellent working knowledge of sensors and cameras used in autonomous systems as well as typical data products and interfaces
- Experience with identification, quantification, and mitigation of the influence of environmental aggressors to sensor operation in real world environments
- Ability to develop rigorous verification and validation methodologies for complex systems
- Ability and desire to lead cross-functional teams and take ownership for project success
- Ability to direct a team of one or two junior engineers as well as one or two technicians
- Data analysis and statistics using MATLAB, JMP, etc.
The primary responsibility for this role is to lead design and delivery of sensing systems with a focus on system integration, from concept through production ramp. This is a highly cross-functional role requiring system level leadership of multiple engineering disciplines (optical, electrical, mechanical, process, test, firmware, software and operations). Primary responsibilities are as follows: •Cross-functional leadership of engineering teams to develop and integrate sensor modules into complex sensing systems. This is a hands-on technical leadership role where you will be expected to lead tasks independently, influence cross-functional partners, and mentor junior staff. •Concept definition and detailed trade studies related to sensing system performance in real world environments. •Documentation of sensing system design, test, validation and manufacturing requirements •Architecting and executing verification and validation plans •Leadership of international manufacturing partners for design evaluation, prototype builds, and production system qualification •Leadership of sensing system test definition and validation in Apple labs and at manufacturing sites •Detailed failure analysis of system and module level issues affecting functionality and performance •Frequent reporting to executive and cross-functional teams on development status
Education & Experience
BS in Optical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience MS in Optical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience
- •Prior experience in developing tools to verify and validate complex mission critical systems
- •Track record of having designed and validated products that have successfully shipped in volume