Cellular Systems Analysis Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- At least 3-6 years hands on experience with in system engineering/system performance analysis role
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (using C, C++), scripting (Python preferred, Perl) and debugging
- Strong knowledge of Non Access Stratum Layers.
- Experience in 5G NR NAS is a strong plus.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent debugging skills
- Solid understanding of 3GPP/ETSI standards
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
Apple’s Cellular Systems Analysis team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. You will be responsible for analyzing performance issues and driving Protocol/RF/L1 architectural improvements for future Apple cellular product lines with emphasis on improving the overall user experience in terms of performance. We expect you to be hands relying upon diagnostics, analytics, crowd sourced information, lab/field log analysis as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement. You will be working cross functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test, Field Test, QA and carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals from concept to commercialization. Development of advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities are required on an as needed basis. As part of this team you will impact iPhone user experience worldwide.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent. 5+ yrs experience in Cellular Analysis, Test or Development role would be required.