Wireless SOC Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Come to Apple and work within a team to deliver a broad range of wireless technologies. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest technologies and contribute to groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. Apple seeks a technical leader to lead programs for our groundbreaking IPs and connectivity chip designs. As a Wireless SOC Engineering Program Manager (EPM), within the Hardware Technology organization, you will be working on a Senior Project Management team, responsible for driving roadmaps and resolving technical issues that enable state of the art Apple products. This is an individual contributor role, helping lead the development & productization process for wireless SoC silicon. The focus of this role is on execution phases of SOC development, spec, design and pre-silicon prototyping to initial samples. The EPM is responsible for multi-functional communication and representation for the groups involved in Wireless SoC development & Radio IP development from concept to production. Strong technical design background in Wireless, SoC, RF analog/mixed signal will be key to your success in this role. You will also ideally have project management experience in some aspect of Wireless Chip Design, VLSI Chip Design, and/or Technology Process development. Tried experience working in a dynamic engineering environment, advanced multi-tasking skills, and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position.
- 10+ years of experience working with Wireless SoC development
- Good knowledge of Wireless technologies, SoC/ASIC chip design life cycle, Analog/Mixed signal/ RF design process, tools/flows and methodologies.
- Track record of hands-on Technical Program or Project Management or engineering Chip lead.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, multi-functional groups against plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
• Work closely with chip Integration and system teams to drive high level achievements. • Ability to multi-task and lead designs across several projects at a time. • Close technical requirements with Apple System teams, handle issues and track bugs. • Pull together regular project status presentations for multi-functional executive reviews. • Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams: Technology/Library, IP owners, Design, DV, PD, HW, and SW teams. • Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to organizations at all levels. • Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution. • Track project schedule for all phases of Silicon-on-Chip design from IP & System definition to Design, Prototyping, Silicon/System Bring-up and Production.
Education & Experience
• MS or BS Degree in technical discipline