Wireless Software Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a versatile software engineering manager with a passion for wireless technologies? Join Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and be part of a team of wireless experts. Apple’s Wireless Software team is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated manager to work across layers on groundbreaking wireless cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core wireless technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines.
- Minimum 5~10 years hands on experience in wireless development/system engineering
- A successful track-record or demonstrated aptitude as a software engineering manager.
- Strong skills as a key contributor to highly productive teams.
- Hands-on, technical leadership strongly drawn close to the code and not just the design and architecture.
- Passion for diving into hard problems and guiding others to create novel solutions.
- Directly collaborated with and offered insightful direction and feedback on technical architecture design reviews while defining the long term technical strategy.
- Actively coached and inspired your team with timely and actionable feedback.
- Passion to recruit, hire and build high-performance engineering teams.
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (C or C++)
- Strong knowledge of Layer 1/Physical Layer procedures and/or Signal Processing algorithms for cellular Technologies like LTE/5G
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP specifications
We do whatever it takes to bring user experience to the next level. Our teams enjoy the flexibility to work on all aspects of wireless Protocol software - PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP/NAS and iOS interfaces, to come up with the best possible solution for any given problem. Are you equally passionate about wireless technologies and have the dream to work on groundbreaking wireless technologies? Then we are looking for you. This manager’s work will impact iPhone user experience in 100+ countries
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors.