iOS Engineering Manager - Account Security
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
People buy into the Apple ecosystem because of the phenomenal experiences we offer - from messaging, to capturing photos of those special moments with the people that matter most. How about singing happy birthday to a loved-one thousands of miles away! And it all just works. But making it all work requires teams of highly dedicated people coming together and doing our life’s best work. Most meaningfully, it requires a steadfast dedication to customer focus. The Account Security team is hiring an iOS Engineering Manager to own the efforts for an organization that is responsible for authenticating and securing access to all Apple ID services such as iCloud and iTunes on all of your Apple devices. That being just a tip of the iceberg of our teams broad impact, the possibilities for exercising your creative chops are limitless. With well over a billion customers relying on your team, it is a huge opportunity to have the kind of impact rarely seen in a career.
- Highly values the humans you work with - your team, your partners, your customers
- Highly values data to drive improvements and clarify priorities
- Proven ability to hire, grow, and mentor quality engineering teams
- Passionate about the customer experience and how we can improve it
- Great teammate: Excellent internal and multi-functional communication and influencing skills
- Presentation skills: Clarify complexity to accurately summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience
- Strong hands-on experience with iOS development, technical lead experience preferred
- Experience shipping products in a highly collaborative and multi-functional environment
- Familiarity with FIDO, OAuth, SRP, SPAKE protocols is helpful
You’ll be crafting a team in Apple Cloud Services that will comprise outstanding iOS & macOS engineers who have already built some of the most relied upon iOS experiences that our customers use. The team is responsible for authenticating and securing all Apple ID services, starting with a seamless setup experiences when a customer buys new device to ongoing protection of our customers data through raising the roof of Apple ID Security. The teams impact spans all of Apples platforms and on daily basis you’ll be working with key engineering leaders from all over Apple to deliver our product vision every single year. We are looking for a passionate technical leader who truly believes in “good enough is never enough” to take our capabilities in software development, engineering process and efficiency to the next level. This position will provide management leadership, technical leadership, and strategic direction to the engineering team. You’ll act as a technical leader to: Drive software engineering work you're doing with your team from conception, planning and product design through execution and integration. Growing the product area, mentoring and hiring engineers, introducing new engineering processes, promoting high code quality standards are some of the things you’ll do. - Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.