Video Processing Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine the impact you can make. A billion users will use the technologies you helped build almost daily. At Apple, you will have the opportunity to work on products that are always leaders in the industry and occasionally, change the world! The Video Engineering group at Apple is responsible for developing image/video core technologies used in almost all Apple products and services. In this role, you will develop frameworks for image and video compression/processing, implementing features for HDR playback on iPhone/iPad/Mac /AppleTV for applications like AppleTV+, Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Hulu, Disney+ and HBOMax. As an embedded software engineer, you will work on the video/image subsystem, including new video compression/processing feature development, performance, and power optimization. The ideal candidate would be an extraordinary teammate and have a proven track record of development for large volume product shipment.
- Experience with Video Processing and GPU programming
- Experience with HDR pipeline and Color Science a huge plus
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Validated programming skills and C/C++ coding abilities
- Experience in embedded real time multitasking software system
- Minimum of 3 years direct related experience in software development
- Good written and oral interpersonal skills
You will focus on bringing up new HW platforms as well as working on the roadmap for future projects. You will help developing video software features in collaboration with multiple teams and fix the related bugs. You will also work on prototyping features for future products and design, improve and maintain the software infrastructure across multiple platforms and write and improve new testing tools. Multi-functional collaboration is key to this role along with strong team spirit.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related majors
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.