Wireless Systems Engineer, Product Stability
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enriches peoples' lives and deliver the best user-experience. Our team is looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Multifaceted, encouraging and innovative people who build industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you!
- Deep knowledge of Cellular Radio Standards (5G NR, LTE, UMTS, CDMA etc).
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with testing cellular technologies (5G, LTE, UMTS, CDMA, IMS etc).
- Excellent work experience on MTBF issues analysis e.g. Performance, CA, 5G, VoLTE, SRVCC, CSFB, Crashes, Resets, Panics etc
- Good knowledge of how to write testable code
- Good understanding of MTBF/Stability Testing, Automation Tools, Test Suits, Execution and test setups
- Exposure to modem bring-up from early development to maintenance phase
- Exposure to Tier 1 Mobile Operators across globe and IOT requirements testing
- Ability to work efficient with teammates who work remotely
- Good attention to detail, strong written and interpersonal skills
- Experience in leading global teams
We are looking for a highly technical Cellular Software Development Test Engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You will join a diverse team responsible for qualifying the wireless features and software for the latest iPhones/iPads and Apple Watch product lines. You will complete both documented and ad hoc testing to ensure the highest quality releases.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical engineering, or equivalent