Automation Engineer - Video Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine the impact you can make. A billion users will use the technologies you helped craft almost daily. At Apple, you will have the opportunity to work on products that are always leaders in the industry and occasionally, change the world! The Video Engineering group at Apple is responsible for creating the image/video core technologies used in almost all Apple products and services.
- 2+ years of SQA, or related software engineering experience
- 2+ years of Python, Perl, or Shell Scripting experience
- 2+ years of Source control, CI, and automation experience
- Excellent problem solving and good reasoning skills
- 2+ years of software development experiences on iOS, macOS, or Linux/Unix
- Test Application, Test Tools, or XCTest development experience
- 2+ years of C/C++/Obj. C or Swift development experience
- Standout colleague with positive attitude and proactive personality
- Positive thinking, dedicated, inventive, and willing to take challenges
Mac Video Codec team is seeking an experienced, self-motivated quality engineer with a passion for making the macOS experience the best it can be. You will work with the latest Apple products, ensuring that the media experience is the best in the world. In this role, testing efforts will target image & video compression, decompression and post-processing technologies for desktop platforms, working closely with engineering teams to ensure product quality. The QA effort includes test planning, hands-on functional testing, bug reporting/regression, maintaining test guidelines, and development and execution of automated tests. Besides, test apps and tools development and/or XCTest development will also be another focus of this role. You should have a strong interest in learning new technologies, excellent communication skills, and the ability to drive complex and challenging projects. Strong collaboration with engineering teams and an ability to thrive under pressure, are key skills required to succeed.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in EE, CS, or related field