Wireless Bluetooth QA Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Sensing and Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters. We craft and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. The Bluetooth Quality Engineering team is looking for a motivated Tools & Automation Engineer to design, implement, test and maintain next generation macOS connectivity solutions. You are responsible for creating and delivering world changing experiences on the very latest Apple products.
- Highly motivated, dedicated, quick learner with recognized ability to work individually and as a team.
- Proven track record in defining robust test plans and delivering high quality outcomes.
- Experience designing, developing robust and scalable automation frameworks using industry best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills.
- Efficient time management and organization, ability to handle multiple tasks and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
- Self-motivated, dedicated with validated creative and critical thinking capabilities, strong troubleshooting skills.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to pursue everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Strong understanding of development methodology and object oriented programming concepts.
- Experience building automation setups for testing embedded devices for various mobile operating systems.
- Domain expertise in one of these areas preferred: Bluetooth, WiFi, Audio, Wireless RF protocols.
- Experience with hardware communication interfaces such as USB, UART, PCIe.
- Experience with source control (Git, GitHub Flow, Gitlab, SVN, Perforce).
- Experience on Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience building/creating/using Robotics to create automated solutions.
- Good Knowledge on database concepts.
- Passionate about consumer products and technology.
• Build creative solutions for testing current and next generation products. • Drive quality and champion bug fixes, working closely with dev team and analyze the root causes for the issues. • Design comprehensive test plans for new features, factoring in technical details and the customer experience. • Develop test automation scripts using Python, maintain reports of all automation issues and test results. • Collaborate with cross functional teams to get requirements and implement automation feature requests. • Bring up, perform regular maintenance and debugging of test setups and scripts.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.