Wireless Test Engineer, WiFi/Bluetooth
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. If you're passionate about quality, we may have the job for you. The Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team is looking for a highly qualified software engineer to help ensure the quality of technologies - like WiFi/ BT - for all Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac OS and iOS platforms. The candidate should have excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to work with innovative, fun, and hardworking people
- Experience in WiFi and/or BT Functional or Performance or Stability Testing
- Good Understanding and working knowledge of WiFi and/or BT protocols
- Good understanding of Operating System concepts
- Developing test cases and test methodologies
- Ability to develop and debug automation test cases
- Design and Develop innovative ideas that solve automation and execution problems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and comfortable working with multi-functional teams
- Support development in debugging and reproducing issues
- Can clearly communicate and driving multiple projects across many teams
- Fervently hardworking and inquisitive
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
As a Wireless Software Test Engineer on our team, you will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the wireless features and software for the latest iPhones/iPads, Apple Watches, Apple TV’s, and Mac OS product lines. The successful candidate will aim to ensure the stability and reliability of our WiFi and BT chipsets and products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Preferable to have automation experience in any of the scripting or programming languages