Engineering Manager, Modem System Testing
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich peoples' lives and deliver the best user experience. Our team is looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Multifaceted, encouraging, and innovative people who build industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you!
- Proven experience leading a team of test engineers.
- Hands-on experience in Cellular System Testing, Certification, IOT, and/or Cellular System Performance.
- Solid experience of 5G NR PHY/MAC and higher layer control and user planes
- Consistent record of leading cellular modem commercialization efforts
- Good understanding of mmWave challenges and 5G Standalone protocol
- Strong understanding of 3GPP specifications (LTE & NR Air Interface, PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC, PDCP, and NAS layer).
- Driving testing efforts with script development and automation on simulator platforms including Keysight, Anritsu, R&S, Spirent, etc
- Broad-spectrum of knowledge and understanding of the end-to-end wireless system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way to application layer.
- Ability to build and drive a team of engineers to achieve excellence and efficiency.
- Attention to the smallest details that are significant to customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are looking for experienced leader who can help us build a Modem System Test team. As a leader, we expect you to bring in fresh ideas, and have the ability to drive decisions. You will have the opportunity to play a major role in building our next generation wireless solutions in Apple products. They will engage in modem functional validation of key features and also will influence the architecture, design, and functional improvements of new cellular technologies. The candidate will get involved in all aspects of Protocol software - PHY, RF, SIM, NAS, AS, IP, TCP/UDP, and iOS interfaces, to ensure the most robust and customer-friendly software. We expect the leader to bring in fresh ideas to promote the 4G/5G technology across apple wide new product introductions, services, and ecosystem initiatives.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience