Apple Watch Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? Today, we rely on devices to get around, to learn about our environment, our activity and health, and to enable spectacular new features for custom workflows. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that challenge. The success we are striving for will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Apple Watch software team is looking for a Software Engineering Project Manager to work on new watch initiatives for Apple, a critical business that sits alongside the iPhone and iPad businesses. You will need experience with system software fundamentals, proven leadership and influencing capabilities, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing team to develop ground-breaking products in the wearables space.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Collaboration: You are able to collaborate well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities.
- You exhibit a deeply curious mindset about new ideas.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Experience project managing complex, multi-functional projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Experience developing and releasing a consumer product.
- Ability to create and execute plans in ambiguous settings.
- Ability to help team balance feature and quality expectations.
- Experience demonstrating strong presentation skills.
- Experience in the wearables field is a plus.
You will define the program plan/schedule and manage program execution. Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process. Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and effectively. You understand new technology while working with our engineering teams to define, schedule, track and communicate status of all work taking place within those teams. Understanding of software development and strong interest in user experience is a requirement.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent