Firmware Engineer (Instrument Engineering)
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
This small team of extraordinary engineers designs and produces precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing cellular, 5G, WiFi, BT, mmWave, UWB and NFC radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs and Watches. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in breathtaking test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings.
- Knowledge of RF fundamentals.
- Experience designing embedded firmware in C or C++.
- Recent development experience in one or more of the following areas: Linux, parallel processing, multi-core or multi-threaded software development.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- International travel of 10% is required.
- ******Preferred Skills****
- Experience developing firmware for one or more of the following chip level interface standards is desirable: USB, SPI, I2C, UART, SDIO, PCIe.
- Ability to use lab equipment such as JTAG, Logic Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer etc...
- Experience in LTE or 5G Physical layer.
- Experience developing firmware for wireless communications standards.
As a Firmware Engineer, you will work on the next generation wireless communication products. Our products are based on platforms that run RTOS, embedded Linux and bare metal firmware on ARM based processors. You will work with other cross-functional team members such as RF system engineers, software engineers, DSP engineers, FPGA logic designers and hardware engineers to design and develop embedded software that is instrumental in creating products loved all over the globe.
Education & Experience
BSc/BA, we highly value Master’s or above. Relevant fields include Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics and other Engineering domains.