Sr. Engineering Project Manager, GCRM Services Engineering
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it! Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding and exciting opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Platform Engineering group is responsible for developing applications and services that enable Apple customers, and partners to interact with Apple for sales, support and services. The Platform Engineering team is looking for and experienced and technical EPM to lead and drive multiple large scale, multi-functional initiatives. You will work closely with the platform and services team that supports a large number of applications and services across Customer Systems. You will be working on critical systems that support Apple services. This position requires coordination across multiple teams to ensure successful delivery of projects. You will be working on innovative platforms and services that leverage distributed technologies. Transform how Apple interacts with millions of customers world wide to provide the best experience. Here’s an opportunity to work with a core platform team that is working on very innovative solutions to solve Apple’s CRM challenges.
- At least 5 years of project or program management experience working with teams across applications, infrastructure, and operations
- Knowledge of project or program management tools for change, dependency, and risk management
- Track record of delivering large scale projects against tight schedules
- Collaborative with ability to thrive in a multi-functional organization through clear and persuasive communication, consistent delivery, and relationship building.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects
- Ability to independently manage, and sustain key products and services with little or no oversight
- Operations experience, with driving operational efficiencies across the organization a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well with cross-functional engineering teams
- Knowledge of software development projects, DevOps, applications and frameworks a plus
The EPM will work with the Platform Engineering team to define and drive operational metrics. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual with excellent written and oral skills and a track record of delivering large scale solutions. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Plan & implement tech refreshes and upgrades Create automation for driving operational efficiency Monitoring & Reporting - including driving the definition and rollout of standard operational metrics and standard dashboards Collaborate with Production Support, Infrastructure, and other multi-functional teams to drive collection of operational metrics across all teams Lead cross functional projects involving machine learning, distributed technologies, and cloud operations
Education & Experience
10+ years experience managing large and diverse projects with operational focus Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent experience