Cloud Network Software Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! You will be part of the software defined infrastructure (SDI) team focusing on network abstraction for the Multi-Cloud Platform. We build web services that work at scale to support network infrastructure and security management and control. We are looking for a software developer who can build APIs, tools and monitoring infra that interact with our network infrastructure platform. If you are passionate about innovating and building ecosystems from scratch for the massive scale of our network infrastructure, then our team might be the right place for you!
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hands-on development
- Experience in working with modern no-sql databases (MongoDB, Elastic), other key-value stores (ETCD) and Kafka
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience in building and maintaining monitoring infrastructure at scale in multi cloud environment
- Proficient in software development with Go/ C/C++,/Java
- Good understanding of containers, build systems and infrastructure automations
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to prioritize, deliver on aggressive deadlines and drive closures
- High level ownership, self-sufficient, hands-on leader to drive quality and maintain application stability
- High tolerance for ambiguity
On our team you will develop and maintain highly reliable and scalable web services that enable users to interact with multi-cloud network infrastructure control Responsibilities include: - Create automations that simplifies infrastructure management - Build services to collect metrics/data from distributed Software Defined Network systems - Build tools to help simplify network operation for production environment - Build APIs that are simple, elegant and powerful - Collaborate with your team and teams across Apple to deliver solutions and evolve products - Drive and establish best practices for process and tools
Education & Experience
BS and MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Should be a team player who is excited to work with members having highly diverse technical background. Should have extremely good communication skill. Should be self-motivated in pursuing the objective goals.
- *Please note this role could also be based in Sacramento or Denver.