Cellular RF Systems Engineering Intern – Phase Lock Loop (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Apple's RF Systems Engineering team is looking for an intern in the area of phase-locked loops. Our world-class team shapes the mobile market with forward-thinking concepts while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality. Come and deliver groundbreaking phase-locked loops (PLLs) for Apple’s wireless products that enable an unique customer experience!
- Experience in programming languages (preferably Python and Matlab)
- You have basic understanding on frequency generation and phase-locked loops (PLLs)
- Basic knowledge of mobile communications
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to learn new things and take up new challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, are very helpful
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- Available for 6 months or more
In this role as RF Systems Engineering PLL Intern you will be part of our best-in-class Cellular team. With mentorship, you will work closely with transmitter and receiver architecture, RF design and Silicon Validation teams. Your daily work includes the following tasks: - Learn PLL and clock architecture basics - Work on real challenges to improve the PLL performance - Help to develop use cases in Python to measure PLL performance and optimize algorithms and settings - Develop scripts in Matlab and Python to evaluate measurement/simulation results
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD).
- This position can be carried out as a full-time internship or a part-time working student role. Availability for 6 months or more is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities.