Modem System Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team and be part of an outstanding group of engineers, working to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enriches peoples' lives and deliver the best user-experience. Our team is looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Multifaceted, encouraging and innovative people who build industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you!
- Hands on experience in Wireless System Testing, Certification, IOT and/or Cellular System Performance.
- Solid experience of 5G NR PHY/MAC and higher layer control and user planes
- Experience in defining, developing and validating cellular modem system test cases for mobile devices using popular test development platforms.
- Good understanding of mmWave challenges and 5G Standalone protocol
- Strong understanding of 3GPP specifications (LTE & NR Air Interface, PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC, PDCP and NAS layer).
- Broad spectrum of knowledge and understanding of the end-to-end wireless system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way to application layer.
- Consistent track record to independently lead a complete area of technology and drive product quality.
- Attention to the smallest details that are significant to customers
- Knowledge in Test Automation and Scripting skills using Python
You will be hands-on, relying upon diagnostics, analytics, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement. You will work with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test & carrier engineering teams to drive improvement proposals and baseband optimizations. Our members enjoy the flexibility to be involved in all aspects of Protocol software - PHY, RF, SIM, NAS, AS, IP, TCP/UDP and iOS interfaces, to ensure the most robust and customer friendly software. If you are passionate about cellular technologies, then we are looking for you!
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience