Sr. Electrical Engineer, Controls Specialist
Dallas, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you have a passion for designing innovative data center solutions that run at a massive global scale? Are you able to collaborate and balance between a strategic vision and pragmatic deliveries across multiple projects? As a key member of our team you will have a chance to design the most innovative and efficient data centers in the industry. We support our global data center growth by developing bases of design, overseeing multiple design teams, performing design reviews, specifying equipment and operational requirements and seeing our innovative designs come to life during commissioning and operation. We are looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer, Controls Specialist to join our team. This is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and resourcefulness are key attributes needed for success. Excellent project and time-management skills, with an ability to prioritize and drive critical tasks and objectives in support of organizational goals is valued.
- 5+ years of experience as a Controls Engineer working on automation and/or MEP systems and proficiency with BMS/EPMS integration and MEP systems with in depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A) and instrumentation symbols and identification (ANSI/ISA-5.1)
- Experience with design of distributed industrial control systems and operational technology using a global network (grid automation, substation automation, factory automation) to achieve secure access, centralized management, and global data aggregation.
- Fundamental understanding of cyber security controls, vulnerability assessments, certificates, tokens, secure architectures, as it relates to control systems.
- Experience with industrial protocols including IEC61850, Modbus, HTTPS, PTP, PRP, HSR including Ladder logic PLCs (Schneider Electric Quantum, General Electric Fanuc/Rx3i, Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix, RSLogix 5000 and SmartGuard, Omron, Pilz)
- Proficiency programming and tuning variable frequency drives
- Uploading protective relay setting files to protective relay and devices including downloading historical and incident data
- Experience creating and prototyping control systems
The Controls Specialist will develop BMS/EPMS design standards, specification and SOO for data center MEP systems (Cooling Equipment controllers, VFDs Switchgears, UPS, Generators, Transformers, Protective Relays, Fuel Systems, SCR Systems, etc…). You will develop BMS/EPMS architecture including FWT validation and site testing/verification. Developing data management, trending and tracking communications network architecture is also required. You will also design BMS/EPMS communication network diagrams. In addition, You remain calm in the face of uncertainty, rapid change, and bold deadlines common to rapidly growing companies with evolving business models. Lead and collaborate with vendors in integrating devices and equipment. Organize, develop, write, and debug PLC and DDC logic with an emphasis on generating code that is documented, maintainable and repeatable. Develop and generate HMI and SCADA screens for MEP Systems Review EOR design drawings and vendor shop drawings. Establish test plans and control test plan verification Lead vendor training and develop training manuals for DC facility engineers Maintenance during commissioning and after deployment
Education & Experience
BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering MS Preferred but not required Masters in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Certification in 6 Sigma
- Proficiency creating detailed electrical control and monitoring diagrams and network in CAD (AutoCAD Electrical preferred) and other graphic softwares
- BIM 360/REVIT MEP experience