Camera Hardware Engineering Intern
Grenoble, Isere, France
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. Within the Camera Sensing Devices team, you will be working with both local Grenoble and Cupertino teams as well as equipment suppliers to enable next generation sensing technologies.
- Knowledge of semi-conductors and optoelectronic devices (light sources, sensors etc). Specific knowledge on III-V based emitters would be advantageous.
- Excellent data analysis skills including basic statistics. Experience with Matlab and/or Python or experience with analysis software (e.g. Jmp) would be assets.
- Basic knowledge of metrology equipments (contact/non-contact)
- An experience in a lab environment focused on Optics, Photonics or Electronics would be an asset.
- Attention to detail and organisation to conduct data collection campaigns
- Eagerness to learn new things and take up new challenges
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about collaborating within a multi-functional team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Availability for 6 months or more
As an Camera Hardware Engineering Intern, you will: - Be involved in a development team working on next-generation laser and/or image sensor components - Work both on process and electro-optical characterisation in a lab environment, following safety procedures - Work closely with equipment vendors and with laser and/or image sensor component vendors - Perform data analysis based on physical and/or electro-optical data - Review performance data, share results and provide recommendations for equipment down selection
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of studies in a Master's Degree program in Physics, Material Science, Electronic Engineering or related field.
- This position is a full-time internship and availability for 6 months or more is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.