RF Modeling Systems Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic environment, sensible people, and innovative technologies are the norm. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team redefining hardware technology? We are searching for dedicated engineers to join our existing team of innovators. In this role, you will be a key member of the RF modeling and system engineering team working on modem system modeling and requirements.
- Deep knowledge of signal processing and communication systems with an emphasis on the modeling of RF, analog, and digital circuits and systems
- Good understanding of RF/analog impairment modeling including nonlinear distortions, inter-modulation, phase noise, IQ imbalance, self-interference, DC offset
- Familiarity with modern receiver and transmitter architectures and algorithms including ADC/DAC, filtering, rate conversion, automatic gain control, RF calibration/compensation (IQ imbalance, DC offset, etc.), transmit power control, digital pre-distortion, self-interference cancellation
- Knowledge of RF systems design flow and hands-on lab testing and characterization experience
- Experience with algorithm development in MATLAB, C/C++ and/or Python, fixed-point modeling
- Knowledge of LTE, 5G-NR cellular communication standards
- Strong analytical, communications and documentation skills
- Model, analyze and simulate state-of-the-art 4G/5G RF systems - Implement system models used in performance characterization and design sign-off - Collaborate with RF systems, analog, and baseband modem designers for system modeling
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.