WebKit Layout and Rendering Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
When you load a webpage in Safari, you can see its contents on the screen thanks to WebKit’s layout and rendering engine. In this role on the WebKit team, you will be responsible for implementing new web standards, upgrading its architecture, and measuring and improving performance. Your work will let developers build sophisticated experiences on the web, and help their websites draw faster and react to user activity more quickly. The WebKit team seeks a software engineer excited to work on innovative technologies. The WebKit framework powers many system applications, including Safari, Mail, and Books. Weʼre looking for engineers with outstanding problem solving skills, a passion for quality, and the desire to push the web forward.
- Familiarity and experience with pointer-based languages, C or C++ preferred.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
You will work on a broad range of visual technologies for the web, including layout, CSS, SVG, and canvas. You will be encouraged to work across all layers of code while maintaining a firm understanding of software architecture. And you will help define the next generation of web standards through participation in governing bodies including WHATWG and W3C.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent
- We’re looking for a self-starter who has a curiosity about the web. But having any of the following are definite plusses for this role:
- - Completed projects, corporate or personal, using web technologies.
- - Familiarity with threads and concurrency