Senior Labor Counsel - Original Content
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and distribution of television and movies. We are seeking an extraordinary Labor attorney with experience in new media platforms and interest in other emerging technologies.
- 6+ years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of guild and union agreements in the entertainment industry.
- Experience negotiating collective bargaining agreements with guilds and unions (U.S. and foreign), advising on labor issues for television, movies, HB SVOD and streaming platforms, and resolving guild and union grievances.
- Deep understanding of new media production across different types of programming and experience with new media distribution and other emerging technologies.
- Outstanding written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams, and able to operate independently.
- Good judgment, strong interpersonal and client relation skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects under time constraints.
- Ability to assess matters with a big picture/global perspective.
In this role, you will be responsible for addressing labor issues associated with Apple’s Original Content and ancillary businesses, from managing union and guild relationships to resolving issues on production. You will need to advise on a time-sensitive and comprehensive manner to various business units. You will be a self-starter, diligent and has deep entertainment labor experience who can translate Apple’s business objectives and priorities into agreements, and give concise, practical and comprehensive legal advice under tight deadlines. Pay commensurate with experiences.
Education & Experience
JD, excellent academic credentials