WebKit Media Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The WebKit team seeks a software engineer excited to work on innovative technology for the world's most popular web engine. Weʼre looking for engineers with outstanding problem solving skills, a passion for quality, and the desire to push the web forward! You'll be responsible for bring the latest media technologies to the web. The WebKit framework powers many system applications, including Safari, Mail, and iBooks.
- Familiarity and experience with pointer-based languages, C or C++ preferred.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with HLS and MP4.
- Familiarity with web technologies, including HTML5 video and Web Audio.
- Basic knowledge of OS X and web browsers.
You're passionate about bringing the future of media technologies and real-time communications to life on the web. You can work across all layers of code, but have a firm understanding of software architecture. You understand the intricacies of multi-threaded programming and have a familiarity with audio and video technologies. As a good communicator, you want to work with various W3C and WHATWG organizations to help define and refine standards.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent
- We are looking for a self-starter who has a curiosity about this area of the web, and experience in memory management with low-level languages. But having any of the following are definite plusses for this role:
- Experience with advance C++ features, including templates and C++14.
- Completed projects, corporate or personal, using web and/or media technologies.
- Experience with media frameworks, including AVFoundation & CoreMedia.
- Knowledge of software security.
- Proven understanding of Objective-C and Xcode.
- Experience with web development on iOS.
- Knowledge of WebKit internals.
- Experience with open source projects and source control, including svn and git.