Power Management Engineer - iPhone
Austin, Texas, United States
The iPhone Division is seeking a hardworking Power Management engineer for an individual contributor position on an outstanding hardware team responsible for developing the next-generation iPhones and related products. Responsibilities include conceptualization, requirement collection, design, implementation, integration, validation, and productization of the Power Management subsystems (PMIC, charger, battery management, camera flash driver, discrete power supplies, etc.). Collaboration is key to success in this position. Collaboration opportunities exist with internal multi-functional HW and SW teams, contract manufactures, and industry component/IC suppliers. The applicant should be familiar with the design of portable low-power products, preferably with experience in a consumer electronics environment taking care of high-volume and high-quality products.
- Must have phenomenal EE fundamentals.
- 2 + years overall experience in industry.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is essential: switching mode power supply, linear power supply, PMIC, system power architecture, charger, battery gas gauge, BMU, and camera flash drivers
- Experience in prototyping circuits and products in the lab
- Strong interpersonal skills
Datasheet drafting and reviews IC design review and bug tracking IP development, schematic and layout reviews Prototype bring up and debugging Production test support and system bug tracking Functional and parameter bench verification Signal characterization Some manufacturing support
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE or equivalent