System Power Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it! We are seeking a hardworking power system engineer to join our Engineering Team and work on revolutionary products. This is a power system design and validation engineering position that entails working with cross-functional groups including internal design and architecture teams to continually open up the boundaries of technology implemented in Apple’s products.
- Strong understanding of system level power performance validation and debugging/triaging skills
- Experience in power supply design and possess deep knowledge of DC-DC power conversion topologies including analog and digital control loop
- Experience and knowledge of PMIC architecture, implementation and validation
- Expertise in a lab environment using oscilloscopes and power measurement tools for IC, board and system level power test
- Experience with large volume manufacturing test environment and strong analytical problem solving and failure analysis skills
- You are capable of managing test plans, execution and issue/bug tracking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Upon joining our team as a System Power Design Engineer, you will be directly applying your engineering expertise and working with many different teams to realize products that consumers will love! We collaborate with a large number of groups including: Product Design, DFM, RF Design, Software, Silicon engineering, HW test, and many others to bring a product from concept to mass production. - You will drive innovative power circuit designs and system level partitioning analysis from concept investigation thru successful product level implementation. You will also participate in core architecture investigation while working closely with system and power architects by arbitrating design options with technical rigor for key power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost, reduced carbon footprint and scalability. - You will drive power design, review and simulation, and also provide design guidelines to internal team for schematic and layout. You will also be responsible for creating power test plans in IC, board and system level and executing the test plans in lab and high volume manufacturing environment. - There is some travel domestically and overseas so that we are able to work alongside our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Power Electrical Engineering or equivalent