Wireless Module Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join our RF Design team? The Wireless Module Test Engineering Lead (WMTE) will be responsible for designing and driving strategy for all high volume RF module tests at the module factories adhering to the internal processes/objectives. The Lead engineer is responsible for research, design, and development of test methodologies at the module vendors for multiple Wireless technologies (Wifi/UWB/GPS/Cellular/NFC). S/he would need to work with multiple chipsets across wireless technologies and plan the appropriate high volume test strategy. This position will support multiple product lines from the Hardware Technology organization from early concept through MP. The WMTE will utilize a solid EE/RF background to understand technical details, issues and risks.
- Deep understanding of Wireless technologies.
- Extraordinary skill in Hardware and Software integration, problem solving and optimization.
- Responsible for designing DUT Control boards.
- Programming experience in C/C++/Matlab/Python required.
- Experience working with and programming multiple RF testers: Litepoint, Rhode & Schwarz, Keysight, Advantest and Agilent.
- Very driven and self-motivated. Capable of leading a team and setting test strategies.
- Skilled at driving cross-functional decision and cooperating with other test teams (upstream/downstream) for a sound end-to-end product test strategy.
• You will design, develop and implement test strategy/methodology across wireless technologies at module factories • Own and debug test stations at module factories. • Ensure Wireless module tests are planned around upstream and downstream tests at multiple vendors. • Drive module vendors, fixture suppliers and instrument vendors for test implementation. • Analyze volume data to finalize test requirements and provide feedback on engineering decisions.
Education & Experience
• BSEE or equivalent required; MSEE or equivalent preferred.