Cellular Platform Architect
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this role, you will be a key member of our system engineering team, defining and working on future wireless systems within our platform architecture team. We are looking for a passionate professional who has been working on cellular systems to drive the future of wireless technology with a focus on cutting edge designs and upcoming standards.
- Essential qualifications include knowledge in 5G, LTE, or wireless signal processing, and hands-on coding skills in Python, C++, Matlab for link or system simulations.
- Desired expertise includes 1) machine learning applied to wireless networks; 2) cellular and wireless system understanding including user equipment and core network; and 3) communications theory, physical layer, radio resource management.
- Ability to present complex technical topics to a multi-level audience.
- Analyze and define wireless system requirements for 5G and beyond (6G). - Identify and drive innovation for wireless platform architectures with focus on the balanced optimization of modem KPIs and end-user experience. Create intellectual property. - Optimize overall system performance (power, throughput and latency) with system simulators and technology demonstrators.
Education & Experience
Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.