6G Cellular Platform Architect
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Come and work on challenges that no one has solved yet! We invite you to join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- Proven track record in specifying, implementing, and productizing wireless systems.
- Demonstrated experience in several of the following areas related to wireless systems: applying AI/ML techniques to specific problem statements; creating system abstractions and simplifications that allow rapid validation of research hypotheses; setting and refining system requirements to create solutions for prototype design, sub-component design, and validation; understanding product and application layer architectures in conjunction with deep hands-on knowledge of cellular systems.
- Deep technical expertise in at least one of the following areas: 5G NR modem design and 3GPP standards; cellular and wireless networks; cellular product design and prototyping; RF system architectures; performance optimization in cellular networks; AI-driven wireless modem and system design.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Experience in leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams by technical expertise.
As a Cellular Platform Architect, you will drive and coordinate the design and modeling of a 6G reference architecture. A suitable set of prototype implementations and reference architecture models needs to be developed that allow the evaluation of technology candidates and use cases. In that role you will plan, drive, and actively participate in those modeling and prototyping activities. You will collaborate cross-functionally with research and development teams in proposing, planning, and implementing simulations and experiments to assess 6G technology candidates. A deep understanding of wireless systems, network architectures, and user applications and services is required. Experience with technical planning and leading cross-functional system programs, building prototypes, and co-operating with internal and external partners is highly desired.
Education & Experience
Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 10+ years of work experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.