Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Color)
南山, 广东省, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they invent the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that ignite the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry- leading environmental efforts. We are looking for a Color Manufacturing Quality Engineer (MQE), who is enthusiastic about color developing work at Apple. We are hiring for enthusiast professionals, like you, to work with Apple Industrial Design (ID) team, Program Managers and Operation teams to ensure high aesthetic standards of Apple products. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Knowledge of quality management system structure, quality procedures, and the application of typical quality tools in quality management practice (e.g. MSA, FA/CA, SPC, Yield Analysis, and etc.);
- Ability to plan, implement, and present result from investigation using statistical analysis and clearly communicated results and recommendations;
- Deep understanding of problem solving tools including root cause analysis, design of experiment (DOE) and statistical process control principle;
- Knowledge of surface appearance measuring metrologies (color, gloss, texture etc.);
- Knowledge of typical surface finish processes or technologies (i.e blasting, anodising, PVD, painting, coating etc.);
- Capable in understanding mechanical projects of materials as they relate to manufacturing requirements and process drivers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Chinese;
- Be capable of maneuvering through ambiguity and work autonomously.
- Achieve Industrial design intent across organisations and projects with high standards of product quality; - Tactically implement color matching needs required for mass production; - Evaluate supplier readiness and alignment to quality plans at all development and qualification stages; - Identify potential risks of color development and come out with solutions; - Actively participate in the development of new finishes and ensure adherence to specific goals, and strategies supporting business objectives while maintaining the highest quality; - Support finishes data analysis initiative to drive enclosure part finish quality improvements with ODM and sub-tier; - Qualify and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools; including visual and instrumental tools/processes; - Works on each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits; - Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate broader team and management; - Capable of working inter-functionally with Industrial Design, Supply Chain Management, Subject Matter Expert, Supplier Based Engineer, Mechanical Quality Engineer, Suppliers & ODM to ramp up projects timely and efficiently.
BS/MS in quality engineering or related engineering fields (chemical, optical, materials science, mechanical engineering). Colorimetry/color science relevant is a plus. Demonstrate high color acuity and ability to pass the Munsell Hue Color Test. 5+ years working experience in development of finishing processes for mechanical components or consumer electronic devices.