RF Receiver Architect
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here! We have built the best wireless hardware design Team in the world. Are you a talented individual wanting to join our Team as a RF Receiver Architect? As key member of Apple’s Cellular RF System Engineering Team you will drive cellular receiver innovation for next generation wireless products used by millions. The RF Receiver Architect will be a key member of an advanced development team tasked with driving technology innovation for next generation wireless products!
- - 7+ years of proven experience in Cellular RF systems engineering including validated expertise in receiver RF system design.
- - In depth knowledge of receiver architectures. Comprehensive understanding of how these technologies can be used to improve receiver performance and optimize power consumption.
- - Solid understanding of Cellular Radio/3GPP Standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR FR1, 5G NR FR2), Regulatory, and Carrier Requirements including their implications on receiver architectures and receiver system design. Beside the knowledge of RF aspects, a good understanding of system use cases and control topics is important.
- - Understanding of RF receiver analog circuit architectures and state-of-the-art RF CMOS semiconductor technologies.
- - Experience in digital signal processing and knowledge of adaptive algorithms to compensate analog impairments in digital domain.
- - Matlab is essential. Experience in an object oriented programming language like C++, Python is a good background.
- - Strong analytical & communication skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- - Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and communicate with multi-cultural global teams.
In this role as RF Receiver Architect you will be a part of a best-in-class system engineering team that is tasked with driving innovation of cellular transceiver architectures across the whole cellular frequency range. You will work closely with our platform architecture, RFIC design teams and ultimately drive RF technology innovation to meet the challenges of next generation wireless products.
Education & Experience
Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent