SoC RTL Design Intern/ Working Student/ PhD Student (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day
- Coursework focusing on modern, energy-efficient/low-power logic design techniques
- Strong familiarity with Digital Design and RTL Design in Verilog/VHDL and understanding of the logic structures being inferred
- Knowledge of UVM is desired
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, purpose-driven and well-organised working style
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- A basic understanding of analog circuitry is desired but not necessary
As an intern on the RTL Design Team, you will assist with delivering high quality IP in order to meet functionality, quality, performance, feature, timing, area and power goals. We will provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with experienced Design Engineers, as well as work alongside our functional verification and physical design teams that are responsible for our products. With mentorship, you will work within the RTL Design Team to refine micro-architectural specifications and collaborate with the architecture, physical design and verification teams to mitigate potential issues as early as possible. This could include tasks such as implementing components of the micro-architecture, targeting groundbreaking technology nodes, balancing energy efficiency, performance and area constraints with project schedule, maintainability and coding elegance. You may also review synthesis and power reports, root-cause and resolve timing and power issues, ensuring maximal QoR throughout your design.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD). This position can be carried out as a full-time internship or a part-time working student role. Availability for 6 months or more is preferred.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.