WebKit Web APIs Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- Detailed understanding of data structures and algorithms Experience with pointers, memory management, and threads Excellent debugging, critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills.
The WebKit Architecture team is responsible for the design and implementation of WebKit’s sandboxed, multi-process architecture, which provides for security, crash isolation, and concurrency. - The team covers major WebKit features including inter-process communication, process isolation and sandboxing, storage, networking, Cocoa APIs, and web APIs like fetch(), Web Components, and WebRTC! - This role focuses on benchmark-driven optimization of web content memory use, including analysis of web pages, apps, and system frameworks. - The ideal candidate will invent new techniques for reducing memory use and avoiding jetsam, and diagnose and resolve memory use and jetsam regressions.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Engineers often build successful careers on the WebKit team without prior experience working in web browsers. Some of these skills can give you an advantageous head start:
- - Experience with C, C++, and Objective-C
- - Experience with UIKit and AppKit
- - Experience with systems programming and inter-process communication