Silicon Validation Hardware Allocations Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on a broad range of wireless compliance and performance testing projects enabling Apple's groundbreaking products! Apple’s Hardware Technology Organization (HW Tech), is seeking an inventive, high-energy Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to assist our silicon validation teams with material management and distribution enabling innovative Apple products. The preferred candidate is a confident organizer who can prioritize issues, track details and never stop learning. You will be responsible for coordinating the critical resources necessary to support the validation of new silicon projects. This position will collaborate with multi-functional teams to provide engineering support for the development and validation of groundbreaking silicon material, spanning from the engineering design phase through product launch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience, preferably in a High Tech or Computer related industry. Prior experience in a R&D environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing, coordinating and maintaining multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working with multiple, diverse engineering teams.
- Able to exert thoughtful influence in a matrix organization - must be a phenomenal teammate.
- Detail oriented, self-starter and can work with ambiguity.
- Ability to both think strategically and implement tactically.
- Highly proficient working with numbers.
- Ability to react and respond to changes in a time critical environment, stays calm when pressured.
- Proficient in Apple and MS productivity tools (spreadsheet, presentation and documentation).
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
• Execute to system hardware allocation plans in reference to silicon and product development programs. • Facilitate hardware reworks, including coordinating with onsite technicians and HW allocations personnel. • Report on allocation statuses, including ready for distribution and distributed materials, to management. • Communicate material delivery schedules/deviations to silicon validation engineers, so they can adjust validation expectations and timelines accordingly. • Work with multi-functional partners to enable critical silicon bringup activities and materials. • Communicate with foundry partners, material tracker EPS’, and freight forwarders to receive highly critical shipments in a timely manner. • Anticipate potential issues that may arise and communicate to relevant teams to jump-start mitigation path. • Track inventories to ensure all system hardware and related materials are allocated according to pre-defined allocation plans. • Handle critical issues that might stem from a material shortage or schedule slip. • Facilitate Hardware pickups from satellite distribution hubs and inventory new materials to enable expedient distribution.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Degree, Computer Engineering/EE/CS preferred.